Friday, December 15, 2017

December Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #43-"Believe"

Hello friends and happy Friday! It's the 15th already--can you believe it?! I hardly can. Today I'm sharing a mid-month project for the December MMMC #43-"Believe".  If you love mixed media art and haven't yet joined in our challenge, I would love to extend a personal invitation to do so! We enjoy seeing your mixed media art as much as we love sharing ours with you and I hope you will consider making something for this month's challenge. We have an inspirational photo to go along with the theme and it's just perfect for this beautiful month!
We also have an awesome sponsor this month, Boozybear-creator of unique chipboard shapes and stencils to inspire your mixed media projects!
Boozybear sent me some super fun chipboard pieces and a fantasic stencil, which I used on my project. I hope you enjoy it! 
I colored the background with different shades of blue gelatos, then I used the Swirl N Whirl Stencil with gold ink. I painted each Shabby Snowflake chipboard piece with white gesso, then I colored them in shades of gold and platinum silver ink. I sprinkled some gold mica flakes and iridescent mica flakes to the tops of the snowflakes for sparkle, then I added a few sequins here and there, along with a few clear stickers. I feel that this month is one of new beginnings, so I chose Inspiration Words chipboard for my sentiment. I believe with my whole heart that Jesus is the reason for the season, so as my canvas board expresses. Here's a closer peek at the stencil design and chippies! 
And there's more inspiration over for this challenge at the MMMC blog awaiting you! I hope to see your beautiful work in the gallery before December 31st! Thank you so much for visiting me. It means so much to me that you do and I would like to wish you and yours a very blessed Christmas season and a wonderful New Year! Happy crafting! 







No comments: