Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day!

Hello friends and a very happy 4th of July to you! It's my day on the Simple Stories blog and I'm sharing a new altered project with an All American theme on this fine Independence Day! I'm definitely an all-American girl at heart, so it's no surprise how much I enjoyed creating this festive shadowbox to add to my Americana home décor! Come along and celebrate with us!
It is a breeze getting your patriotic groove on with the All American Simple Set! The 12x12 patterned papers are perfectly festive and coordinate great with the 6x12 cardstock sticker sheet. For the 3 small squares, the confetti side of Freedom was used in the background and 3 of the square stickers were placed in the center of each.
A few extra sticker elements were popped up on dimensional adhesive dots and added to the small squares for extra interest. The stars and stripes balloon trio and bottle of cola are so much fun and scream USA! The "Independence Day" and "let freedom ring" sticker banners were super easy to add and can be used in so many other cool ways. I love how this collection mixes a fresh, modern feel with an Americana twist so beautifully. Super stylish and just what I was hoping for!
For the larger top portion, the 4x6" American flag from Journaling Card Elements was used in the background. Three firecracker stickers were placed on dimensional adhesive, each with a shiny enamel dot added to the base where it goes POP!
Of course, there has to be a focal point celebrating the day itself, so the July 4th stickers were added with a bit of dimension to honor our independence and all that it means.
And that's my All American Shadowbox! Thanks so much for visiting today and allowing me to share my project with you! I hope you've found a bit of inspiration in it. For those of you who are celebrating today, Happy 4th of July! Happy crafting, one and all!

Product List:
All American Simple Set-
6x12 Sticker- 3061
Freedom- 3063
3x4 and 4x6 Journaling Card Elements- 3064
Say Cheese II-
Enamel Dots- 4331

Other:
7 Gypsies 6x6 Stained Wood Solo Tray
Adhesives

No comments: